7 March 2010

Vegan Mayonnaise

I finally went grocery shopping today, after like.... maybe a month? since the last time. And of course, I forgot to get something, like I always do. Veganaise. (Vegan Mayonnaise). I really wanted to make these vegan tuna pitas that I absolutely love, but without the Veganaise, I couldn't. So I searched up a recipe to make myself some vegan mayo, and found this one that turned out pretty well actually. Well to my standards. I haven't had real mayo for two years now so I don't really remember how it actually tastes. I didn't stick exactly to the recipe however, so here is my modified version of it.

2 cups oil
1 cup vanilla soymilk (I like to use Silk. I hate all other brands of soymilk. I'm going to try using the Silk Light soymilk next time instead though.)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
Lemon juice to taste

1. Blend everything together except for the vinegar.
2. Stir in lemon juice until it tastes the way you want it to.
3. Store in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment