28 March 2010

Product Review: Barbara Daly Concealer

Yes, this product doesn't look very attractive at all. If I were to have ever seen this in stores without knowing anything about it, I would have never plunged into trying this out. I'm normally not a big fan of pot concealers, I usually go more for the liquid ones. And this one is only sold at Tesco in the UK. So it took me a long time after reading numerous rave reviews of it before I actually decided that I needed to get my hands on one of these to try. Where did I finally find it? On Ebay. Considering the price, which came to be about $11 CDN including shipping, for 3 pots of it, I thought it would be totally worth to try. It arrived in the mail in less than a week for me, which totally surprised me, and I had to immediately try it out. I had ordered the medium shade, and upon opening the package and seeing the colour of it, I totally thought that the shade was way too dark for my skin tone. But once I smeared the very top layer of it, it was actually much lighter underneath so it turned out to be a perfect match for my skin tone. I used my concealer brush to put it on under my eyes and it was very creamy and blended very well. And this was in the middle of the day of a day that I had decided not to wear any makeup. So my face was fresh and clear of makeup, but it wasn't just moisturized like when I usually apply my makeup. And I hadn't put on my BB cream yet (I usually apply BB cream before concealer). So upon application, my skin was actually drier than usual, but the concealer still went on really creamy and didn't cake or cling onto any of my little dry spots. Plus, it's coverage is AMAZING and it lasted all day and I didn't even set it with powder. I cannot rave enough about this concealer. It's definitely my new favourite. I just regret not having tried this earlier, before I wasted so much money on other concealers that I've been trying. And with three pots.... I'm never going to run out. Or at least not for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment