8 March 2010

Coconut Milk Rice Pudding

This is an amazing rice pudding recipe that I've found a while back, and I'm making it right now so I thought I'd share it.

1 can coconut milk (I use Rooster Brand, 398 mL.)
2 cups cooked rice (I use calrose brown rice, but it can be any kind of rice though I have yet to try others.)
Sweetener to taste (I use between 1/3 cup and 1/2 cup of sugar.)
1 tsp Vanilla extract

(Note: None of the measurements need to be exact.)

1. Heat coconut milk until it simmers.
2. Add sweetener until it is however sweet you want it.
3. Add rice.
4. Simmer until it thickens. If you are serving it cooled, it doesn't have to be so thick since it will thicken more as it cools.
5. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
6. Serve with vanilla soy milk on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment