26 March 2010

BB Cream Reviews

One makeup product that I have never come to like to use, is foundation. But ever since I found out about BB Cream, I have been hooked on it. I first found out about BB cream just before my trip to Hong Kong last summer, so when I went to Hong Kong, I of course, stocked up on it since I can't buy them here unless I order them online. I haven't tried too many different BB creams, but I will review those that I have tried.

In case you don't know what BB cream is, BB stands for Blemish Balm. It is very much like foundation, but it is supposed to be good for your skin too, while foundation usually isn't. There's BB creams with whitening properties, moisturizing, blemish clearing, anti-aging, sunscreen and so on. They're just great things.


Skin Food Aloe Sun BB Cream SPF 20 PA+


"Rich with aloe, which possesses excellent hydrating properties and soothing effect, this multi-functional skin care product (UV protector & blemish corrector) provides moisture and nutrition to your skin while providing protection from UV rays."

This was the very first BB Cream I tried. I got it while I was in Taiwan. I was actually looking for the Mushroom one, but they didn't have it so I got this one instead. Right when I got back to the hotel, I immediately had to try it. And I absolutely loved it. I still do love it. It's really moisturizing, evens out my skin tone and non-drying. It is a little bit pink on my skin, but it doesn't have that gray overcast like most BB creams, so I like it more than the other ones I've tried. I don't feel the "soothing" effect though. Also this BB Cream doesn't seem to do much. Only UV protection and blemish corrector. I just love the fact that it is so moisturizing, but it doesn't seem to have improved any of my blemishes.


Skin Food Mushroom Multi Care BB Cream SPF 20 PA+


"A triple functional BB cream that contains skin-friendly aloe & mushroom extract, adenosine and arbutin that helps to improve the appearance of fine lines and promotes a brighter, more radiant complexion with UV protection properties. [KFDA certified triple functional product]"

I found this one when I was in Korea. I really like the triple function that it has. I have noticed a brighter, more radiant complexion with it, but it isn't whitening. One thing I really need to watch for. Brightening does not mean whitening. I don't think it really did anything for my fine lines. This BB cream though, is a little too dark for my skin tone, so it makes my skin look maybe a shade darker than it is, but its not that much of a difference and it still looks great, though it seems to have less coverage. I think I did get it in the darker shade which is why. They only had the one shade to choose from.... I don't know though. I can't find anywhere on the tube where it says the shade number. Also, this isn't pink like the Aloe one. Instead it has that sort of greyish tone which I don't like. It definitely isn't as moisturizing as the Aloe one, so I haven't used much since winters are so dry where I live. Maybe it'll be better in the summer when my skin isn't as dry and when I get a little darker.


Missha Watery B.B Cream SPF 27 PA++


"Containing a generous amount of moisture. M Watery B.B Cream helps create glowing skin with its natural coverage. Its moisturizing and antioxidant ingredients protect your skin and make it comfortable with moisturized and cool afterfeel."

I absolutely love the packaging of this one. Probably the reason why I got it in the first place. It is so beautiful. Yes, I'm superficial like that. Also I was obsessed with the "dewy" look, so I thought maybe I could get that look with this. And yes, it does give me that look. It is a very watery BB cream, hence the name of it. Not what I expected though. I thought "watery" just meant the moisturizing and dewy look it would provide. But it also meant watery as in, the product itself is watery and runny. Which I'm not too fond of. Coverage is really low. The shade it comes in is darker than my skin tone, but since the coverage is so low it doesn't even make a difference. It just evens my skin tone and that's probably it. I definitely don't feel any "cool afterfeel". And it definitely isn't as moisturizing as it sounds. I've only used it a few times since I got it about a year ago because it's not as moisturizing as I'd like it to be. I'll probably use it more in the summer though, when it isn't as dry and my skin doesn't need as much moisturizing.
*Edit: It is now summer so I've been using this more. I have to use it very sparingly though since I realized that the shade is much darker than my skin tone. It is also slightly grey/pink. I also notice that my t-zone area gets oily towards midday using this. So I tested it out by placing a swatch of it on a piece of oil blotting paper and left it for a few minutes, and it appears that there is a LOT of oil in it. So I don't think I like it very much anymore, and I wouldn't recommend this to anybody. But I'm stuck with it for now as it is the only one I brought with me going home.


Missha Perfect Cover B.B Cream SPF 42 PA+++


"Missha M Perfect Cover B.B Cream offers a novel skincare concept with B.B cream, which lightens skin tone by healing visible wrinkles and blemishes with excellent skin-cover ability, and prevents skin aging through effective whitening and anti-wrinkle properties."

I love the fact that this BB cream has SPF 42. Again, this BB cream is a little bit dark for my skin tone (I got the lightest shade too!). This does have a slightly grey colour as well, which I'm not pleased with. I forget what the advertisements said exactly, but it was ALL over the place in Korea, something like, "Voted Best BB Cream in Korea" Or in Asia? Or something like that. So that lured me in to try this out. Very moisturizing, though I'd get a little oily by the end of the day. Haven't noticed any skin tone lightening or wrinkles healed, not that I really have many wrinkles. And I don't think it's really done anything for my blemishes. But it does have excellent coverage. If only it came in a slightly lighter shade.


Gowoonsesang Prescription for Beauty Hydra Intensive Blemish Balm SPF 30 PA++


"Inner and Outer Care System using Hydrophilic and Lipophilic Moisturization Ingredients. Gowoonsesang applied special skin moisturization system using 2 different ingredients, hydrophilic and lipophilic ingredient. It focused inner and outer in human skin. Inner care is for the water holding effect using Hydrophilic ingredient. Outer care is for the water preventing effect using lipophilic ingredient."

The description.... makes absolutely NO sense to me. But I finally got the famous Dr.G BB cream and now I know why its so famous. It's so moisturizing! And it's been doing wonders on my blemishes. I've been using it for less than a week now, and my blemishes have already faded. It also has excellent coverage. The shade though... is kind of pink... and grey... and a little bit too dark for my skin.


Dr. 7 Clear Naturalskin Super+ Magic B.B Cream


"Dr.7 Clear is a From the Natural Professional skin Care"

Errr.... Wtf? I got this while I was in Korea. The tour guide was telling us about BB cream and recommended this one and let us try the sample tube he had. It seemed good, and the price he was telling us for it seemed like a good price. So I got a few tubes of it. And I didn't know too much about BB creams back then, so when he told us about this famous "Dr.7" brand, I guess it's a knock off of the "Dr.G (Gowoonsesang)" brand. And I didn't know. And I didn't open the boxes or anything to see how ugly the tube actually was and to see that their description doesn't even have proper grammar. By "ugly" I mean that the labels weren't even printed on correctly. It was off to one side and tilted. Very unprofessional. Right away I could tell this is a knockoff. Even cheap drugstore products would never have such horrid printing and grammar. So the BB cream itself? I don't know... It works okay. I don't know if it does anything good for the skin though. Just knowing that its a knockoff, makes me not want to use it because of the bad things it might do to my skin. So just a warning, if you're off to Asia to buy products, look out for scams and knockoffs! Know your info before you buy anything. If something sounds too good to be true, it often is too good to be true. Go online and Google it if you're not sure about something. Don't waste your money. And this doesn't apply only to BB creams.

There are also fake BB creams out there, so be careful. Usually if the price is significantly lower than it should be, it's fake.

No comments:

Post a Comment