18 May 2010

Skin ID Update 2

Okay so I have tried all the Skin ID products now. I can't say much about them, since I haven't used them long enough, but I'll just describe the formulas a bit.

The cream cleanser looks like the typical foaming cleanser, except it's not very foamy. It doesn't seem to lather up very well for me, which might be a good thing, since cleansers that lather up tend to dry out my skin more. But sometimes when I don't get that lather I just feel like I'm not cleaning well enough. That's probably just psychological though.

The acne spot treatment contains 2.0% Salicylic Acid. It is a gel, and it pretty much feels and smells like any other spot treatment that I've tried before.

The anti-acne treatment contains 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. It says its a gel, but it doesn't look like a gel. Putting it on at first feels creamy, but then it dries out really quick.

The moisturizer and skin soother I already described last time. I forgot to mention the medicinal ingredients in them though. The moisturizer contains 0.5% salicylic acid, the skin soother doesn't contain anything for acne, so I guess its just for moisturizing. Also, I think I forgot to mention that the moisturizer is a cream, and the skin soother is sort of like a gel. I don't know if it would be called a gel though.

But another thing I want to mention, is that upon using this set of stuff (I haven't figured out if its the skin soother or the moisturizer), my face doesn't seem to be as dry as it used to be. In fact, it feels a lot more oily and shiny. So I'm not too sure about that. I'm planning to start using the spot treatment and anti-acne treatment twice a day as well since my skin doesn't seem to be drying out or anything. And I doubt that it feels oily because I put too much moisturizer or skin soother, because I put less than a dime size amount of each on my entire face.

No comments:

Post a Comment