17 May 2010

Neutrogena Skin ID Update

I received my Skin ID package today in the mail via UPS and I am so excited to try it out now! I can't believe it took less than a week to arrive. But first I have to put these pictures up and more information about it.


This is what the package looked like. Very simple and clean. I blurred out the UPS label of course so I don't get any stalkers.... =D


Opening the box.... Its all pretty and blue inside! There is a letter and two pamphlets (one French and one English) on top of all the stuff. And a bag to put all the products in. I chose the orange one.


Taking all that stuff off, the products are all embedded in plastic so they don't get thrown around or squashed in the box. And then there is the little acne spot treatment that was supposedly free, and the receipt underneath it all.


A picture of everything taken out of the box.


And everything put in the bag. There's still so much room!


First use, First impressions.

I just went and took a shower and tried out a few of these products.

It took me a very long time to decide if I should use all of them, or only certain ones, and in what order am I supposed to use these, since there are no overall instructions, only instructions for each one.

Obviously #14 the cream cleanser would go first. And then from there on it wasn't so clear. Do I use the acne spot treatment first and then #32 the anti-acne treatment, #53 moisturizer and finally oil-free skin soother? Or do I use the anti-acne treatment, moisturizer, oil-free skin soother and then acne spot treatment last? Or what? It probably doesn't make much difference though, so I'm going to go with this order:
1. Cream cleanser
2. Anti-acne treatment
3. Moisturizer
4. Oil-free skin soother
5. Acne spot treatment

But that's only if I'm using all the products. I was reading the directions on the back of each of them, some don't say how often to use them so I assume once in the morning and once at night. The anti-acne treatment says twice a day, but fair skinned individuals should begin with one application. The acne spot treatment and moisturizer says 1-3 times a day. So for the anti-acne treatment I will begin with once a day, as well as acne spot treatment. The moisturizer I will use twice a day.

So for now I decided in the morning I will use:
1. Cream cleanser
2. Moisturizer
3. Oil-free skin soother
(I still use my eye cream and sunscreen as well, and makeup on top of everything.)

And at night I will use all of them.

I can't believe how complicated this thing sounds. I think they really should include overall directions based on your answers to the questions on the evaluation thing online.

But anyway, now that I had set a routine for this, I got in the shower and brought my cream cleanser with me. (I wash my face while I'm in the shower in the mornings.) After shampooing and conditioning my hair, I washed my face with just a towel and water first. And then I washed my body. After that, I put about a dime sized amount of cleanser in my hands and massaged it into my face. Then I used my little scrublets to scrub. (They're sort of like the ones that come with the new L'Oreal Paris Go 360 Clean, only I got mine from Hong Kong for a really cheap price and without the cleanser.) And then rinsed it all off. The cleanser was foamy, but not super foamy and had a nice cooling sensation. It didn't seem to dry out my skin too much. My face didn't feel tight or anything after so that's a good thing. After I rinsed with cool water to close the pores and got out of the shower and dried myself off.

I then applied the moisturizer. It feels really smooth and creamy, fast absorbing and made my skin feel really moisturized. And it had a nice cooling sensation, just like the cleanser. It also seemed to give my skin a nice glow to it, which I love. And then the oil-free skin soother was more gel-like, but felt nice and moisturizing as well and absorbed really fast, and had the cooling sensation as well. After putting all this stuff on my face, it still felt "cool" for about 10 minutes, and I loved the feeling. Now I don't know how well this stuff does after a period of time yet, but I will update about it later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment