21 May 2010

Cleansing Oil

It might seem odd, to be cleaning your face with oil. Especially for those with oilier skin. I was skeptical when I first heard about cleansing oils, but I kept hearing about how well they remove makeup and all that so I had to try it.

The thing was though, that they're not very popular in North America, so it was hard to find myself some cleansing oil to try. But when I went to Hong Kong last summer, the first thing I bought was probably a bottle of cleansing oil. I had no idea which one to try, so I just randomly bought one.

The first one I got was the Decleor Cleansing Oil. I love Decleor products for their essential oils, and I loved the scent of it, although I am aware that not everybody will like the smell. It removed my makeup okay, but not the best. I never had any problem with it clogging my pores or anything so it was all good. I don't quite remember how well it washed off though. The bottle lasted me about 4 months.

After that, I went back to the Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover that I had been using for years, for a few months, and then I decided to try another cleansing oil.

This time, I had to order it online, because I was not in Asia anymore. So I went to Sasa.com, and got the Kose Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil White. This is definitely on the cheaper side compared to other brands, making it a lot more affordable. I really like how this one comes in a pump dispenser so I can control how much of it comes out. The oil has a very light citrusy fragrance which I really like. I find it works really well in removing makeup. I just use my hands to rub it on my face and eyes to remove the makeup without cotton or anything and it all comes off gently. It rinses off really easily and doesn't feel oily at all, leaving no residue. I haven't noticed my skin brighter or whiter with using this, although it claims to do so. But overall, this is definitely worth the price, and works really well. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment