5 April 2010

Banana Bread

Here comes my all-time favourite, simple banana bread recipe. Simple and classic.

This is not my recipe. I found it on vegweb.com, submitted by an anonymous person. I did change some things in it though.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup very ripe and mashed bananas (Usually 2-3 Bananas. Doesn't need to be exact. Don't waste half a banana if it takes 2 and half of a banana to make one cup. I would just put 3 bananas in, unless you want to eat it.)
1/2 cup vegetable Oil
2-3 Egg replacer eggs. (I like to use 3 Ener-G egg replacer.)
1/3 cup soymilk
1/3 tbsp lemon juice

Directions:
1. Mix soymilk and lemon juice together so it curdles.
2. Mix together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add bananas and oil to soymilk/lemon juice mixture. Combine with dry ingredients.
4. Add egg replacer.
5. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
6. Pour batter into a loaf pan or whatever pan you like.
7. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment