5 April 2010

Remedy: Menstrual Cramps

So I've always been getting these severe menstrual cramps whenever I have my period. For the longest time ever, I'd take Tylenol to suppress the pain, but it just bothers me so much because I hate the thought of taking medication. It just doesn't seem healthy. Especially in the long run.

My mom started to get really concerned about my cramps, but I'd tell her that a lot of people get them. Its normal. So about a year ago, while she was visiting the Chinese doctor, she asked him about it and he suggested this remedy that I am now sharing. I stuck with it and immediately, on my next period, I did not have any cramps whatsoever. So I've been sticking to this for about a year now, and I don't get cramps anymore. Except about a month ago, I had been so busy, I either didn't have time to make this drink, or I kept forgetting... I had severe cramps again. You can find these ingredients at any Chinese herbal store.


Ingredients:
Red Dates (about two handfuls)
Goji Berries (Wolfberries) (less than a handful)
Dried Longan (About a handful)
A few slices of ginger
Rock sugar to taste (Optional)
2 cups of water

Put everything in a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. For maximum effectiveness, make this once a week, and everyday just before you're expecting your period.

No comments:

Post a Comment