10 April 2010

"When you dream, dream BIG."

This is inspired by a post on a blog that I stumbled across earlier: http://www.tasteoftime.blogspot.com/

I just recently encountered some problems with my relationship, and like usual, I get that feeling that all hope is lost. But its not so bad this time. Although I feel that I don't have any hope in this guy anymore, I still have hope. I know there is probably someone out there that is much more suitable for me. I used to think, there is no love in this world anymore. I look at all my friends, my friends families.... It seems like all around me, people are always breaking up, going through divorce, not being able to be with those they love. But Gina's stories are so touching, they remind me that love does exist. My new insight on love now, is that I don't necessarily need to be in love with someone in that way. Love is all around.

One of my favourite quotes:
"Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams."

I've decided, from now on I'm going to strive towards my lifelong dreams. The big ones. And I'm not going to let anyone affect it anymore. What are my dreams?

1. To get my masters degree in Architecture.

2. To go to a culinary arts school, and open my own, successful, non-profit vegan bakery one day.

3. To travel the world.

4. To become an influential person, like Queenie Chan and Matthew Lush, two of my "idols" I might say, which have really influenced me.

5. Have my own little farm somewhere where its warm all year round and grow everything that I eat myself.

I realize that I can't have all of these at once. I can't be an Architect and operate my own bakery and a farm all at the same time, but these are my dreams. Maybe I'll pursue them one by one in different stages of my life, rather than going for all of them at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment