5 June 2010

Review: Shills Super Magic BB Cream Cherry Blossom



This is a Taiwanese brand BB cream that I've been wanting to try ever since I first learned about BB creams.

According to Phillis from makeupforlife.net (I couldn't find any other translation):

"It offers protection against free radicals, evens out skin tone, brightens the skin, controls oil, moisturizes and conceals.

... and the main ingredients are Gingko, Green Tea and Vitamin C."

First of all, I personally thought that the box it came in was kind of pretty.... BUT I HATE THE TUBE. It looks really cheap, shiny... plastic... I don't know, I just hate it.

The first thing I noticed when I squeezed it out was how pink the cream looks. Definitely a pink undertoned BB cream. It's probably the most pink BB cream I have yet tried. So I had my doubts that it would work on me. When I actually blended it in though, it seemed to be fine, but still a little too pink for me.

The next thing I noticed was the smell. I hate the smell so much, I don't think I can wear this very often. I don't know how to explain the scent... but it kind of reminds me of public bathrooms. Or this other BB cream that I had, I don't remember which one it was though. But this is an even stronger scent than that.

The consistency is pretty thick, and it offers a medium coverage with a matte finish. I don't like the way it feels on my skin though.

I've only worn this once, and I refuse to wear it again. So I can't say much about its lasting power and it's oil control...

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this BB cream. I hate it. I hate the packaging, I hate the smell, I hate the colour, I hate the way it feels.... I don't even think it's worth the 8 dollars I spent on it. But I know there's lots of people out there who seemed to really like it, so maybe it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment