18 June 2010

Collective Haul

I got all these things in the past week and thought I would share them with you guys, along with a little review on them. I don't have pictures though, just because I'm too lazy to take pictures, but I will take some pictures and do swatches of some of the stuff later.

First I want to talk about mineral makeup. I'm officially over BB creams, and moved on to mineral makeup now. I started off with trying out the bareMinerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation in golden medium. I actually meant to get the golden light shade, but I somehow picked up the wrong one, but it's not too much darker than my skin tone, especially since it's summer and I will tan a bit. I also got the bareMinerals Hydrating Mineral Veil. The foundation is very lightweight and has very light coverage, which is fine with me because I don't really need that much coverage. When I want more coverage, I just go back to my BB creams, and then buff this on top of it. Then I conceal, and use the Mineral Veil. The foundation does keep my t-zone area nice and matte all day, which was the main reason why I ended up choosing the matte finish one. The Mineral Veil is slightly shimmery, but goes on unnoticeable. It sets all my makeup very well. I'm not sure if it really is hydrating though. I have also just placed an order on Signature Minerals mineral makeup, as well as Everyday Minerals mineral makeup because of how much I love using mineral makeup now. I also have this Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearl that I picked up at the drugstore. It comes with a bottom compartment which has a brush in there, although I never use that brush, because I just don't like the feel of it. The palette looks mainly pink, but it has parts that are darker and more brown and parts that are lighter pink. I like using this as a highlighter on my cheekbones and nose. It is really shimmery, but gives a really subtle highlight... It doesn't really make sense, but I like it, except its probably not the best highlighter out there.

Speaking of highlighters, I finally got the Benefit High Beam to try out, and I have to say, this probably is my favourite highlighter I've ever had. I just love the way it looks on my skin!

I also finally got the NARS Orgasm blush that everybody raves about. I had the cream blush before, but that never really worked for me. I just don't really like cream blushes, but I got it that time because Sephora was out of the pressed blush. I absolutely love the colour of this blush. And as with all NARS blushes, they are highly pigmented and last all day. I love them!

Moving on, I got this Palgantong Make-Up Theatrical Powder in Clear White. Apparently a lot of celebrities use it, which is why I got it.... I don't know though, I haven't used it much, except to set my makeup sometimes, but I feel like it doesn't really do anything, and it definitely doesn't work nearly as well as bareMinerals mineral veil or Mac mineralize skin finish, so I can't say much about it. The powder is white, but it goes on completely clear. And it is very fine and smooth.

While I was at the drug store, I also picked up two cheapo lip balm/gloss things. I don't know what I'd call them. From Nivea. One of them is Nivea Fruity Shine in Strawberry, and the other is Nivea Glamorous Gloss in Natural. The Fruity Shine smells amazing! But I don't like the colour. It's a shame that they don't show the colour on the packaging or anything... I was expecting a little hint of red that would look like I just sucked on a popsicle or something. Well I guess it could be a really red popsicle... I don't like the colour on me though, because it's much too dark and red/pink, so I've only used it like, once. It does go on really smooth and it isn't sticky at all though which I like. I am considering giving it to my mom since she likes redder lipsticks, but she's also too lazy to wear lipstick usually, so this would probably suit her better. The Glamorous Gloss again, didn't show anywhere on the packaging what it would look like. The tube is a really light pink and I love the colour, and I just assumed that the gloss would be coloured similar to the tube. But, the gloss is more like a very, very pale peach, and very close to being just a clear gloss. I like the smell of it, and it isn't sticky at all, but I think it does make my lips kind of dry, so I haven't been using that much either.

Now for Milani's HD Advanced Concealer that I mentioned last time. I got this in the lighter shade, which is perfect for under my eyes. It works like a click pen, with a clicking thing at the end. I don't like how the clicker works though because it usually takes quite a few clicks before anything starts coming out, so I get impatient and madly click and then end up getting too much product. The formula itself is very lightweight and coverage is kind of on the light side, but it somehow still covers up my undereye circles pretty well and brightens them. It isn't good enough to cover up blemishes though. It lasts most of the day, but not all day. By the end of the day, the inner corners of my eyes, which are the darkest areas, would look so dark and horrid.

On to the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils, I got 6 of them, in Iced Mocha, Pure Gold, Cottage Cheese, Black Bean, Pots & Pans, and Purple. These are super pigmented and glide on really easily and are sooooo smooth and easy to blend. The only problem I have with them is that they smudge. And crease. But that happens with most cream eyeshadows. I have tried using these as a makeup base, and overall they work okay as a base. They certainly do make colours adhere and pop more and last longer but I still have a little bit of problem with the creasing, but that can be easily fixed with just a smudge with the finger. Also worth mentioning, is that these are cruelty free.

And since I'm talking about cruelty free, I just got this eyeliner from Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencils, in Bourbon. I actually had one before, but I used up the whole thing! I am in love with Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliners. They go on so easily and smooth, and they look amazing, and last all day. This is actually the first time I've ever used up an entire eyeliner pencil and had to buy another one of the exact same thing. I love them so much. I will do a more complete review on these pencils later along with the eyeliner reviews that I promised quite a while back. I just haven't gotten to it yet because of my laziness... Oh and what this had to do with cruelty free, is that all of Urban Decay's things are cruelty free, which makes it one of my favourite cosmetic brands.

I made my first purchase from Lush today, and got the Vanilla Dee-Lite Hand and Body Cream. I love how everything from Lush is hand-made, and they have a wide selection of vegan items too! This cream that I got is vegan, and it smells great. I normally HATE things with any tinge of coconut scent in them, but for some reason this has coconut in it, but I love the smell. And its not overpowering like many creams and lotions on the market are. It feels very moisturizing and it is non-greasy. I love it. I am really considering getting more things from Lush now.

I also made my first purchase at Bath and Body Works a few days ago. I know, its unbelievable that this is my first purchase from them. But I'm such a cheapo, I never wanted to spend $11 on a bottle of lotion, even though that's not even expensive. But I walked by the other day and saw that they had a huge 50% off sale, so I decided that it's about time. I HAD to get one. I spent so long in there trying to decide on a scent to go with, and finally chose the Sweet Pea one from the Signature Collection. I love the smell so much. It's kind of fruity and florally. It feels very moisturizing and absorbs quickly and it isn't greasy at all. I really do like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment