8 June 2011

Hair Colouring

Since it's summer, after having dark brown/black hair again for the past few months, I've decided to go lighter again. After the horrible experience I had last time with removing the black dye from my hair, I went straight for Colour Oops this time and didn't even contemplate on trying a different brand again. This time around using Colour Oops, it removed all the black dye I previously had in my hair. I am now left with a nice neutral brown hair colour that I absolutely love. No orange or brassiness this time! The only thing though, is that because of how I messed up my hair with that other colour remover way back then, my roots were literally orange before I covered it with black dye. Since then, it had grown out a few inches. Now, where it had been orange, is pretty much a band of lighter brown running across the back of my hair. It's not really that much lighter, but it is noticeable, so I will be dying my hair again to get that perfect shade and even colour I am looking for.

Now the only problem that I have, is I can't decide what to dye it with. I went to the drugstore and picked up two boxes of hair dye. One, is the L'Oreal Paris Sublime Mousse. The other, is Garnier Nutrisse Radiant Browns.

The thing is, that I still want to go a tad lighter than what my hair is now, but nothing too dramatic. So when I was shopping for a hair colour I wanted to find something that could lighten my hair a few shades.

The first thing that caught my eye was the Sublime Mousse. The boxes are just so pretty! And it looks so easy to apply. The colour that I chose was 60 Pure Light Brown. The colour looks gorgeous on the model!

Then I also got the Garnier Nutrisse one in 6.32 Natural Light Caramel Brown because I keep hearing good things about Garnier Nutrisse, so I wanted to try it.

So now I can't decide between the two. I like the colour of the Sublime Mousse so much better, but I'm scared to try it because of the TERRIBLE reviews on it all over the internet. The Garnier one looks more promising, but I don't think I like the colour as much. But then colours don't ever even turn out exactly as they look on the box... But I also want to try the Sublime Mousse just because there are a few good reviews of it out there and I just want to see for myself. But I don't want to damage my hair too much either. I just can't decide!

So here's what the boxes look like:


So yeah, one is sort of cooler and the other is sort of warmer toned. While my skin tone is neutral so either would work on me. I just can't decide...

3 comments:

  1. خدمات عجمان – المحنرف للصيانة – الامارات
    فنى تركيب ورق جدران
    عامل بلاسترعجمان

    ReplyDelete