14 May 2011

Review: Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Eye Treatment


Yeah I realize it's been ages since I last posted... I actually had this typed up way back when, and I completely forgot and never posted it. I just wanted to add, that I have now stopped using eye cream completely. The first few days, the skin around my eyes was a little bit tight and dry, but I think it got used to it or something, it's completely fine now. I had noticed that whenever I used lighter or heavier eye creams, I would get more or less milia (white bumps) around my eye area, but they would never go away completely. It's really annoying having the milia because when I put concealer on the area, no matter what concealer it is, it would accentuate the bumps and look worse. It's been about two weeks since I stopped using eye cream, and the skin under my eyes has smoothed out dramatically. My concealer goes on so much better and my eyes actually look brighter. I'm not sure though, if by not using eye cream it will be not so good for my eye area in the future. I hope that it won't mean that I'll start getting wrinkles earlier and whatnot...

"Specially developed with Shiseido's own Spot Deacti Complex, this lightweight cream addresses both melanin formation and poor local microcirculation, two major causes of dark circles. The Dark Circle Targeting Complex reduces melanin and diminishes the appearance of melanin pigments. By gently massaging the cream onto the skin, local microcirculation is improved while a unique mix of Asian plant extracts recover moisture balance. Additionally, it contains Multi-Luminizing Powder with light diffusing properties to instantly bring luminosity to eye areas."

I have tried so many eye creams and this is the one that I keep going back to. It took me years to realize that there really is no "miracle" eye cream out there that will really get rid of my dark eye circles and bags. Note that this hasn't really done anything to diminish my dark eye circles or maybe it has just a little bit, but not noticeable, but it is still my favourite eye cream out there. It is very creamy and moisturizing, yet not too heavy and quick absorbing. I just love the texture of it, it provides a great base for my concealer. Plus, the light diffusing properties does make my eyes appear brighter. And just the smallest amount of it is enough for both of my eyes. By this, I mean, not even half a pump of it is more than enough. So even though it costs so much, it lasts for more than half a year for me.

1 comment: