10 June 2011

L'Oreal Sublime Mousse (#60 Pure Light Brown)

Okayyy, I finally decided to try out the L'Oreal Sublime Mousse just because it seems so easy to use!

So I just applied the mousse to my hair. I can't stop thinking about how easy it was to apply! In some reviews that I previously saw, people were saying that their mousse wasn't foamy or lathering once they put it in their hair, but when I put it in mine, it lathered just like shampoo! It made it so easy to make sure that every strand of my hair was covered. And the mixture didn't smell all that bad. Or maybe I've just gotten used to the smell of hair dye now. So far, this product has earned a major thumbs up for how easy it is to apply to the hair. It didn't drip at all, no mess at all! I didn't even get any on my skin! And it didn't take nearly as much time as it usually does for me to put it into my hair either. So far from what I can see and feel though, it seems like it is making my hair darker... almost black! But we'll see. Maybe that's just the way it appears at first? And I can already tell, my hair is going to be so dried out from this...

Now I'm just waiting for it to develop, and I'll come back after washing it out with the results!

I just washed my hair, and I have to say, while I was rinsing the dye out, my hair didn't feel all that bad. It actually felt quite smooth, tangle-free and didn't feel dried out at all. But then I applied the conditioner that it came with, and instantly, my hair felt like a mass of tangles and it felt sticky and I literally could not run my fingers through it at all! So I rinsed it out right away. But my hair still felt like that. I put my own deep conditioner on and it felt a little better, but it was still sticky and difficult to run my fingers through. I let it sit in my hair for about 5 minutes and then rinsed it out, and all I could smell was the conditioner that it came with. It smelled horrible! I can still smell it now. I feel like I smell like a man that just went to the gym or something... And my hair still feels dried out. I've put some Moroccan oil in my hair and now it is still damp. I dare not blow dry it today after putting my hair through the colour removal and the dye in the past two days. From what I can see with the colour on my damp hair though, it actually looks darker. It looks like the colour I started with before removing the black dye from my hair. But the lighter streak in the back of my head seems to be evened out. I wonder why I put my hair through so much though, if it would just end up with the same colour. Not even close to the colour on the box! Hopefully it will fade out into a lighter shade...

The next day:
After shampooing and conditioning my hair today, it felt a lot better. Almost like normal! But, my hair still has that terrible scent! I checked out the back again today, and looking at it under proper lighting now, I can see that the colour was not evened out at all. I still have that lighter band running across, though its not that apparent. I was just thinking, if it couldn't cover that... would it be able to actually cover greys? I personally don't have any grey hair, but I sort of doubt that this hair dye would cover grey very well. Also, my hair is still dark. It's actually almost exactly the same as my natural hair colour.

I would only recommend this hair dye to those who have healthy, virgin hair without very much grey and are dying their hair the first time. Also I don't think this dye can lighten hair at all. Not even one or two shades, so if you have dark hair and you want to lighten it just a teeny bit, it's not happening. My hair wasn't even that dark and I chose a lighter shade and it darkened my hair even more! So I'd probably say use this only if you are planning to go dark brown or black.


And now as for my hair, I am not happy with it. I mean, I'm not saying it's ruined or anything, but it just wasn't what I wanted, so I'm going to be trying something completely different with it over the summer and see if I can gradually lighten it in a different way instead. And of course, if it works, I'll share it. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment